The general requirements for which an employee is hired and for which he receives wages and benefits are:
- To report to work on time as assigned.
- To perform assigned duties SAFELY and competently.
- To care for himself/herself, fellow employees and the property of Penn Mechanical Group, Inc. in a responsible and safe manner.
- In order to minimize the chance of discipline or discharge, each employee should avoid conduct which violates reasonable standards of employment including, but not limited to:
- The possession, use, purchase, sale, distribution or being under the influence of controlled substances, inhalants or alcohol is prohibited at all customer locations, job sites and on Penn Mechanical Group, Inc.’s premises. The possession, use, purchase, sale, distribution or being under the influence of controlled substances, inhalants or alcohol is prohibited while operating or responsible for the operation, custody, or care of the equipment or other property of Penn Mechanical Group, Inc.. Additionally, prescription medications that can endanger your safety or the safety of another person, pose a risk of damage to Penn Mechanical Group, Inc.’s or other’s property, and overall interfere with your job performance are also prohibited.
- Firearms, ammunition and explosives are prohibited while on job sites.
- Fighting, horseplay, and unprofessional or indecent acts or behavior are prohibited on job sites.
- Required Personal Protective Equipment must be worn as described within this Policy and applicable contractual requirements.
- Smoking is prohibited on all job sites and on Penn Mechanical Group, Inc. premises unless within a designated smoking area.
- All Penn Mechanical Group, Inc. employees must follow and obey all safety rules, signs, labels, placards, and safety tags.
- Stealing, wrongfully converting and/or otherwise fraudulently obtaining and converting to his own use the property of Penn Mechanical Group, Inc and/or property of the Customer.
- Employees must report to their Supervisor any on-the-job unsafe working conditions, injuries, near miss accidents and all other incidents related to the health and safety of employees and individuals on location or job site.
- Absence from work or leaving the workplace/work site without permission from a Supervisor, except in special circumstances where providing such notice is prevented.
- Insubordination or refusal to carry out instructions of a Penn Mechanical Group, Inc. and/or Customer Supervisor is prohibited.
- Picketing, instigating, participating or leading an unauthorized work stoppage or slowdown.
- Neglect or carelessness in the performance of assigned duties or when using, operating, working with Penn Mechanical Group, Inc property.
- Seatbelts MUST be worn at all times when driving and/or occupying company vehicles and/or while operating any vehicle while on the job.
- ALL STATE LAWS MUST BE OBEYED AT ALL TIMES